GOALS and PRIDE go side by side!
GOAL (noun)1. the result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end.
PRIDE (noun)1. a high or inordinate opinion of one’s own dignity,importance, merit, or superiority, whether as cherished in the mind or as displayed in bearing,conduct, etc.2. the state or feeling of being proud.3. a becoming or dignified sense of what is due to oneself or one’s position or character; self-respect; self-esteem.
4. pleasure or satisfaction taken in something done by or belonging to oneself or believed to reflect credit upon oneself:civic pride.
5. something that causes a person or persons to be proud:His art collection was the pride of the family.
6. the best of a group, class, society, etc.:This bull is the pride of the herd.7. the most flourishing state or period: in the pride of adulthood.
The following are goals set by student athletes who are determined to execute and carry out their purpose this week – so PROUD of their drive and efforts to do so!!
- “to be a good leader and pay attention”
- “pay attention to game – FOCUS”
- “to be more prepared – face forward”
- “practice cheers/chants – be prepared”
- “work on being stronger and finishing strong”
- “focus more on game – pay attention”
- “more confidence -smile more!”
- “stretching to the point of soreness afterwards”
- “knowing material – focus on my kicks”
- “not being embarrassed to do a cheer or certain jumps”
- “perform better jumps and start stunting”
- “to not say no to what’s being called out – and just do it!”
“If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride – and never quit, you’ll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards.” ~Paul Bryant
This quote belongs to Michael Korda (born 8 October 1933).
Setting progressively challenging goals is a way to keep moving forward in your life. What are the requirements of an achievable goal? First, a goal should be in harmony with your ideals. Second, a good goal reflects your intention or purpose at hand. Self-improvement occurs at the point in which your ideals, purpose, and goals come together. Stay on course once you set your goals in life.
Take pride in knowing that you’ve set goals and you’re working towards a purpose!
“You have the power within your reach to create what you desire.”
― Lailah Gifty Akita, Think Great: Be Great!