“You’re going to make it;
You’re going to be at peace;
You’re going to create, and love, and laugh, and live;
You’re going to do great things.”
― Germany Kent
On February 21, 2018, the much beloved Evangelist Billy Graham went home to be with the Lord at the age of 99. Dr. Graham dedicated his life to crusading for Christ. He toured the world spreading the good news of the Gospel and encouraging others to trust the Lord with their everything. And as the world continues to mourn the loss of this incredible man of God, Reba McEntire and many other celebrities react to Billy Graham’s death on social media.
“What an incredible life you had. Thanks for all your guidance and love. #angelssinginginheaven”
“My whole family came to Jesus through the Billy Graham organization,” she told Kelly.
“We don’t need more religion, we need more Jesus!” ❤
Read on to be lifted by 40 Billy Graham quotes that will truly inspire:
(1) “The will of God will not take us where the grace of God cannot sustain us.”
(2) “God never takes away something from your life without replacing it with something better.”
(3) “I’ve read the last page of the Bible, it’s all going to turn out all right.”
(4) “It is the Holy Spirit’s job to convict, God’s job to judge and my job to love.”
(5) “My home is in Heaven. I’m just traveling through this world.”
(6) “God proved his love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, ‘I love you.’”
(7) “Suppose you could gain everything in the whole world, and lost your soul. Was it worth it?”
(8) “There is nothing wrong with men possessing riches. The wrong comes when riches possess men.”
(9) “If a person gets his attitude toward money straight, it will help straighten out almost every other area in his life.”
(10) “The only time my prayers are never answered is on the golf course.”
(11) “We are the Bibles the world is reading; we are the creeds the world is needing; we are the sermons the world is heeding.”
(12) “A real Christian is the one who can give his pet parrot to the town gossip.”
(13) “I have never known anyone to accept Christ’s redemption and later regret it.”
(14) “When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost.”
(15) “Comfort and prosperity have never enriched the world as much as adversity has.”
(16) “Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened.”
(17) “Christ not only died for all: he died for each.”
(18) “Heaven is full of answers for which nobody ever bothered to ask.”
(19) “Take one day at a time. Today, after all, is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.”
(20) “We say to our children, ‘Act like grown-ups,’ but Jesus said to the grown-ups, ‘Be like children.’
(21) “Sin is the second most powerful force in the universe, for it sent Jesus to the cross. Only one force is greater—the love of God.”
(22) “Knowing we will be with Christ forever far outweighs our burdens today! Keep your eyes on eternity!”
(23) “World events are moving very rapidly now. I pick up the Bible in one hand, and I pick up the newspaper in the other. And I read almost the same words in the newspaper as I read in the Bible. It’s being fulfilled every day round about us.”
(24) “God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he’ll be there.”
(25) “Tears shed for self are tears of weakness, but tears shed for others are a sign of strength.”
(26) “Being a Christian is more than just an instantaneous conversion – it is a daily process whereby you grow to be more and more like Christ.”
(27) “The framers of our Constitution meant we were to have freedom of religion, not freedom from religion.”
(28) “They asked her (Ruth Graham) did she ever think about divorce and she said, ‘No, I’ve never thought of divorce in all these 35 years of marriage, but,’ she said, ‘I did think of murder a few times.’”
(29) “Mountaintops are for views and inspiration, but fruit is grown in the valleys.”
(30) “When we come to the end of ourselves, we come to the beginning of God.”
(31) “The message I preach hasn’t changed. Circumstances have changed. Problems have changed, but deep inside man has not changed, and the gospel hasn’t changed.”
(32) “The only hope for enduring peace is Jesus Christ.”
(33) “God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.”
(34) “The moment we take our last breath on earth, we take our first in heaven.”
(35) “Someone asked me recently if I didn’t think God was unfair, allowing me to have Parkinson’s and other medical problems when I have tried to serve him faithfully. I replied that I did not see it that way at all. Suffering is part of the human condition, and it comes to us all. The key is how we react to it, either turning away from God in anger and bitterness or growing closer to him in trust and confidence.”
(36) “Without the resurrection, the cross is meaningless.”
(37) “Believers, look up – take courage. The angels are nearer than you think.”
(38) “The cross shows us the seriousness of our sin—but it also shows us the immeasurable love of God.”
(39) “Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone – except God.”
(40) “Quit beating yourself up. We all live under grace and do the best we can.”
“I’ve become an old man now. And I’ve preached all over the world. And the older I get, the more I cling to that hope that I started with many years ago, and proclaimed it in many languages to many parts of the world.” ~Billy Graham
That hope he speaks of so passionately, is the powerful message of Christ and the cross.
“The cross tells us that God understands our sin and our suffering, for he took them upon himself in the Person of Jesus Christ. From the cross God declares, ‘I love you. I know the heartaches and the sorrows and the pain that you feel. But I love you.'” ~Billy Graham
The story does not end with the cross, for Easter points us beyond the tragedy of the cross to the empty tomb. It tells us that there is hope for eternal life, for Christ has conquered evil and death and hell. Yes, there is hope.” ~Billy Graham
In Reverend Graham’s last message in the 2013 video-recorded My Hope America,he shares his heart for our nation today, and this simple, yet powerful prayer, a final reminder, that if we’re willing to come to Christ, he has the power to change our lives and future forever.
“Our country’s in great need of a spiritual awakening. There have been times that I’ve wept as I’ve gone from city to city and I’ve seen how far people have wandered from God.
I want to tell people about the meaning of the cross. Not the cross that hangs on the wall or around someone’s neck, but the real cross of Christ…With all my heart I want to leave you with the truth, that he loves you, and is willing to forgive you of all your sins.
Sin is a disease of the human heart….There is no other way of salvation except through the cross of Christ.
Today, I’m asking you to put your trust in Christ.
‘Dear Heavenly Father, I know that I’m a sinner, and I ask for your forgiveness. I believe you died for my sins, and rose from the dead. I turn from my sin, I repent of my sins, I invite you to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow you as my Lord and Savior.
In Jesus’ Name,
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).
Just as I am.
All is grace.
“God will fight your battles if you just keep still. He is able to carry you through. Trust Him. Keep standing, keep believing and keep hoping.”
― Germany Kent