“Failure is not reaching your goal, but in having no goal to reach.” ~Benjamin Mays
YOU GOT THIS!
“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.” ― Melody Beattie
So PROUD of my girls for reflecting and putting their conscience to work at full speed ahead! ❤
A BIT OF REFLECTION & WHERE THEY’RE HEADED NEXT!
Following answers by students at the middle school range (6th, 7th, 8th graders)
What teammates look forward to this season:
- Learning new cheers for basketball
- Seeing all the cheerleaders again
- Cheering for my friends in girls & boys basketball
- Learning more cheers and chants
- Looking forward to being back with the girls and to cheer again
- Doing better/the best I can
My goals to reach in the next month in cheer:
- Middle splits, toe-touch, and be good at stunts
- Want to be better at kicks and jumps
- Learn teamwork skills and stunting
- Getting my (left) jumps better
- Get better at cheers and chants
- Getting along with the other girls better
- Make varsity or become a leader
- Kick higher; better jumps
- Better at jumps and be more focused
- Learn as much as possible and just have fun!
- Main goal is to get stronger and better
- To do really well on jumps
- Better jumps, better tumbling
- To become super flexible and nail the cheers
- To do all my jumps and kicks very strong and to make at least 2 or 3 cheers
- To do stunting
One thing that coach can do to help us reach our goals:
- Spend a lot of time on stunts and get practice; become good at them
- Advice on how to do my jumps better and my right and middle splits
- Coach tells me if she sees me getting better
- Whatever coach thinks
- “Coach can keep being AMAZING!” ❤
- Tell me how I am doing privately
- Help on middle splits
- “Coach—you don’t gotta do anything!”
- Reminding me that I should practice my kicks and jumps more
- Be there/remind us about their goals/be family/be u!
Things GIRLS can do to help support their teammates:
- If they’re having a hard time with something, help them
- Help them focus on practice
- If they need help or if they ask for help, help them so they can do it
- Help them be louder—give them advice
- If they need help with cheers or chants, help them and we can both learn to get better at it
- I will help them by not talking so they can focus more
- Be positive; help if needed; don’t tell someone they can’t
- I want to encourage them and help them if they need it
- Help them with cheers—motivate them
- Help them with a jump that they can’t do; tell them not to give up!
- I CAN HELP SHARE SOME STRETCHES TO REACH THEIR GOALS IN SPLITS
- Give help or give encouraging words
- By helping the ones that need help with cheers/chants or anything else
- BE THERE/BE FAMILY/BE NICE/BE A BUDDY ❤
One thing that GIRLS have learned and enjoyed in cheer:
- Kicks, jumps, and how to work with others
- How to cheer; jumps; splits; teamwork; and I’ve made friendships
- Jumps, cheers, etc.
- Enjoyed everything!
- Kicks and jumps
- Creative cheers and chants
- “Didn’t know I could kick so high!”
- Stunting from last year!
- Learning the hurdler and left kick
- Jump routines/kicks
- Making new friends and that “I can be flexible”
- Cheers and chants; very creative this year
- Enjoyed EVERYTHING/PERFECT friends in cheer!